La BAD recrute Senior Environment and Climate Change Officer
- Titre du poste: Senior Environment and Climate Change Officer
- Grade: PL-5
- Poste N°: NA
- Référence: ADB/14/040
- Date de publication: 28/08/2014
- Date de clôture: 15/09/2014
The African Development Bank is a leading development institution on the continent, focused on promoting economic development and poverty reduction. It engages with the full range and complexity of development challenges in Africa. The Bank has integrated operations, lending directly the public and private sectors through a variety of instruments. It also provides advisory services and has an increasing country presence through a growing network of Regional Resource Centers and Field Offices. The Energy, Environment and Climate Change Department (ONEC) assists Country Programs/ Departments to manage Bank Group energy operations in Regional Member Countries (RMCs). Climate change, green growth, environmental and social issues are addressed by incorporating them into Bank Group supported operations and giving them the visibility required. ONEC includes two energy divisions and a third division which is responsible for environment, social and climate change issues (ONEC.3). ONEC.3 is also responsible for implementing the Bank’s environmental/social policies procedures, and guidelines, including review/monitoring of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA), Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMP), Strategic Environmental and Social Assessments (SESA), Environmental and Social Management Frameworks (ESMF) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) documents, and requesting validation of project’s environmental and social categorization and submission of ESIA, ESMP, ESMF and RAP summaries for clearance by the Bank’s Environmental and Social Safeguards unit (ORQR.3); and ensuring compliance with Bank policy on disclosure.
Fonctions et responsabilités
The Senior Environment and Climate Change Specialist will work under the general supervision and guidance of the Manager, Environment and Climate Change (ONEC.3). His/her core duties/responsibilities will include the following:
Policies, strategy, and frameworks:
- Contribute to the development of Bank policies and strategies in close collaboration with other Bank experts;
- Review and contribute to the mainstreaming of environment and climate change issues, including safeguards, into projects and/or initiatives developed by Bank experts in departments within and outside of the Vice Presidency for Infrastructure, Private Sector and Regional Integration (OIVP).
Compliance with environmental and social requirements
- Ensure compliance of operations with the Bank’s environmental and social safeguards, policies, and guidelines consistent with the Bank’s Integrated Safeguards System (ISS);
- Provide technical guidance to clients on the preparation of necessary documentation, including but not limited to Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs), Resettlement Action Plans (RAPs), Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs), Environmental and Social Management Frameworks (ESMFs) and Environmental and Social Management Systems (ESMSs).
- Prepare Request for Categorization Memorandum (RCM) for project categorization; ESIA/RAP, ESMP and ESMF Summaries before submitting to the Environment and Social Safeguards and Compliance Division (ORQR.3) and posting on Bank’s website;
- Prepare Climate Screening Memorandum, and propose adaptation measures and mitigation measures as appropriate;
- Prepare and/or contribute to technical reports and other environmental and social and climate change documentation required in processing Bank operations;
- Support Department’s staff in identifying, preparing and implementing programs, projects and project’s components to address environment and climate change issues including the promotion of activities and investments in sectors that have enable climate change mitigation and/or adaptation;
- Support Department’s staff in supervising programs, projects and project’s components to address environment and climate change, including responding to monitoring and reporting project cycle requirements.
- Contribute to the coordination of Environment and Climate Funds within the Bank;
- Support the mobilization of resources for the implementation of environment and climate change interventions by developing partnerships with existing sources of finance, international conventions, and donors; and,
- Help RMCs and Sponsors access Climate and Environmental Finance tools, and help develop and implement Bank’s in-house financial tools.
- Keep on top of climate change and environment issues by being well informed of evolving steps with respect to the climate change international agenda.
Undertake any other task as the Director ONEC and/or the Manager ONEC.3 may assign.
Critères de sélection
Notamment compétences, connaissances et expérience souhaitables
- At least a Master’s degree in disciplines related to environment, climate change, economics, development studies;
- Preferably a minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience in development of environment and climate change operations, project management, policy formation, capacity building;
- Proven writing and analytical skills in designing relevant operations; ability to initiate innovative approaches and originality at work; sound analytic, conceptual and strategic thinking;
- Updated knowledge of the critical environment and climate change issues;
- Proven ability for team-working and multi-tasking; great facilitation, communication and computational skills; resourcefulness, attention to details and client orientation;
- Flexibility to undertake field missions to Regional Member Countries;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in French and/or English, with preference for capabilities in both languages; and,
- Competence in (or ability/willingness to become quickly familiar with) the use of various tools available and applied by the Bank such as SAP, and fluency in standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Télécharger le document
Tapez votre domaine pour trouver des offres d’emploi A LA BAD
Cliquez sur Like pour aimer ce site