Chief Climate Change and Green Growth Officer
- Titre du poste: Chief Climate Change and Green Growth Officer
- Grade: PL-3
- Poste N°: NA
- Référence: ADB/14/041
- Date de publication: 28/08/2014
- Date de clôture: 15/09/2014
The African Development Bank is a leading development institution on the continent, focused on promoting economic development and poverty reduction. It engages with the full range and complexity of development challenges in Africa. The Bank has integrated operations, lending directly the public and private sectors through a variety of instruments. It also provides advisory services and has an increasing country presence through a growing network of Regional Resource Centers and Field Offices. The Bank has committed itself to facilitating the transition to green growth, which is anchored alongside inclusive green growth in AfDB’s Strategy for 2013 to 2022. Through this strategic focus, the Bank focuses on improving the quality of growth on the African continent. The Energy, Environment and Climate Change Department (ONEC) assists Country Programs/ Departments to manage Bank Group energy operations in Regional Member Countries (RMCs). Climate change, green growth, environmental and social issues are addressed by incorporating them into Bank Group supported operations and giving them the visibility required. ONEC includes two energy divisions and a third division which is responsible for environment, social and climate change issues (ONEC.3). Through its Environment and Climate Change Division (ONEC.3), the Department supports mainstreaming of environment and climate change into Bank’s operations as well as lead on advocacy, advice and evaluation of lessons learned for incorporation into policy and programs development. ONEC.3 has played a key role in the strategic anchoring and conceptual framing of green growth and originating country level initiatives and technical assistance. The Division has also a long standing track record as climate finance platform for the Bank group and identify, design and implement environment and climate change adaptation and mitigation programs and projects. Therefore the division acts as an important catalyst in facilitating the transition to green growth.
Fonctions et responsabilités
The Chief Climate Change and Green Growth Specialist will work under the general supervision and guidance of the Manager, Environment and Climate Change (ONEC.3). His/her core duties/responsibilities will include the following:
Policies, strategy, and frameworks
- Assist in the mainstreaming of green growth in policies, strategies, frameworks, and action plans. Provide guidance on addressing green growth and climate change concerns in projects; and,
- Provide input to operations teams on policies and strategies related to green growth and climate change.
Operational advice and support
- Lead/contribute to upstream technical assistance to regional member countries on mainstreaming green growth into development planning; and,
- Participate in country teams and provide green growth and climate change-related inputs for Country Strategy Papers (CSP’s).
Promotion of regional cooperation
- Develop regional strategies and work on concepts leading to joint country or regional projects or activities; and,
- Provide guidance and advice on co-financing opportunities.
- Contribute to the mobilization of resources by developing partnerships with existing sources of finance, international conventions, and donors; and,
- Coordinate existing resources allocated to green growth work (e.g. Korean grant funding)
- Provide input on actions which can be taken to build awareness and capacity at the country level.
- Coordinate with other divisions and departments on country level initiatives; and,
- Support senior management and represent the Bank in relevant conferences/workshops Assist sector specialists in climate change mitigation and adaptation issues, particularly in the area of access to special climate change funds.
- Provide leadership and support to multidisciplinary teams and ensure the overall quality of work;
- Assist ONEC in strategically utilizing its innovative finance instruments for facilitating the transition to green growth; and,
- Provide support to team and individuals on green growth and climate change and ensure their on-going learning and development.
Undertake any other task as the Director ONEC and/or Manager ONEC.3 may assign.
Critères de sélection
Notamment compétences, connaissances et expérience souhaitables
- At least a Master’s degree in disciplines related to environmental science, environmental economics, environmental management, climate change, climate finance or a comparable discipline;
- Preferably a minimum of seven (7) years professional experience relevant to addressing global environmental change issues within development contexts, such as thematic experience in the fields of climate change, sustainable natural resource management, green growth; development and supervision of knowledge products, project development and management, policy formation, capacity building, finance instruments;
- Proven written and analytical skills in guiding initiatives relevant to promoting green growth at the country level; ability to initiate innovative approaches and originality at work; sound analytic, conceptual and strategic thinking;
- Excellent technical and analytical skills and established track record of excellence in operational and policy work on operations related to climate change and green growth;
- Knowledge of the current climate change and green growth issues and initiatives;
- Experience working on operations in the private sector and the public sector;
- Proven ability for team-working and multi-tasking; great facilitation, communication and computational skills; resourcefulness, attention to details and client orientation; and,
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues;
- Flexibility to undertake field missions to Regional Member Countries; and,
- Competence in (or ability/willingness to become quickly familiar with) the use of various tools available and applied by the Bank such as SAP, and, fluency in standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Télécharger le document
Tapez votre domaine pour trouver des offres d’emploi A LA BAD
Cliquez sur Like pour aimer ce site