The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualifiedBilingual Secretary
(English/French) at its General Support Staff position level (GSS) to be based in Abidjan, Côte
AfricaRice is one of the 15 international agricultural research Centers that are members of the
CGIAR Consortium. It is also an autonomous intergovernmental association of African
Under the supervision of the Special Advisor to the Director General (SA‐DG), the Bilingual
Secretary will perform secretarial duties to assist in the day to day running of the Director
General’s office (DGO). S/he will:
- Support the Director General’s office and office staff;
- Provide secretarial assistance to Directors typing reports, letters, minutes and other
documents at reasonable high speed and accuracy; taking dictation to draft letters and
- other documents;
- Provide secretarial assistance to the communication and organizational duties of the
- Director General’s office by drafting, receiving and recording correspondence and
filling documents; updating and maintaining office filing system and contact list;
- Handle minor translation jobs within the DGO;
- Maintain a record of all the Director General’s travel, meeting arrangements and
- Coordinate the Director general’s appointment book in close collaboration with the
- Handle confidential matters in the DGO;
- Assist in the preparation of Board of Trustees and Council of Minister’s meetings;
- Work closely with the SA‐DG in supervising clerical staff within the DGO;
- Liaise with Human Resources Office, Finance and other Units/programs of the Center
to fix administrative and financial matters relating the DGO or office staff;
- Keep track of the DGO needed office supplies;
- Assist visitors;
- Carry out any other duties as required in the Director General’s Office.
Education: Hold a Bs degree, a Secretarial diploma (DUT, BTS) in the French system or
Work Experience: At least five (05) years of professional experience at the bilingual Secretary level in a recognized Institution/establishment.
Key Competencies Required: Have excellent organizational and administrative skills,
including the ability to handle a number of tasks concurrently; possess IT skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet Explorer, have experience in
organizing, coordinating and administering logistics for events; have the ability to work under minimum supervision and be proactive as well as being able to work in teams.
The ideal candidate must be available to work overtime if needed; have
knowledge/experience in working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
confidentiality is a must.
The candidate should communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English or French with good working knowledge of the other language.
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a locally recruited position open to Ivoirians only or foreigners that hold a valid
- work permit in Côte d’Ivoire;
- The appointment is for two years with possibility for renewal;
- AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender‐sensitive working environment.
Expressions of interest together with a full CV (MS Word format) and supporting statement,including the (i) names and addresses (telephone / fax / email) of three referees and (ii) salary expectation should be directed in confidence to A.Kpadonou@cgiar.org with the vacancy
reference in subject: GSS/07/DGO/2015/08.
Applications will be considered until Tuesday, September 8, 2015.
AfricaRice is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that staff diversity promotes
excellence in our operations and particularly welcome qualified applications from women,
people living with disabilities and developing countries.
AfricaRice thanks all applicants but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at
Tapez votre domaine PRECIS pour trouver des offres d’emploi à AFRICARICE[SCOOOP] Téléchargez l’application PMX (version Android) et Recevez des offres d’emploi directement dans votre téléphone mobile.
**** Cliquez ici MAINTENANT ****